Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

How people protest naked

Quite a strange way to protest against global warming was held in in the Swiss Alps

The nude volunteers posed for us and renowned naked "installation" artist Spencer Tunick on the Aletsch Glacier.

Without clothes, the human body is vulnerable, exposed, its life or death at the whim of the elements. Global warming is stripping away our glaciers and leaving our entire planet vulnerable to extreme weather, floods, sea-level rise, global decreases in carrying capacity and agricultural production, fresh water shortages, disease and mass human dislocations.


read more>

I think it's really a brave step. People are so worried about their country and the environment that they are ready to get undressed and act! Those people must be completely hooked on greener living :)

1 comment:

Eduardo Waghorn said...

Privet!
Traveling through blogosphere, I found your interesting space...
I want to send you my warm greetings from the winter of Chile.
I want the spring here very soon!!:)
You can comment into my blogs if you want, could use my translator.
Poka!!